Re: [XP] Free Developer: just submit your user story or give me your code tests ANN]

  • Mark Wilden
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 1, 2006
      From: "Hiller, Dean" <dhiller@...>

      >I have a user story I would love to see. Right click on a JUnit method and
      > be able to select run as JUnit test and it runs only that one method
      > test(instead of running the whole suite). Right now, I have to go over to
      > outline and right click on the method there(and it took me forever to find
      > that).

      Hey, you're lucky! In Ruby, you can't right-click in the Outline view -- the
      best you can do is run all the tests, then right-click the one you're
      working on in Test::Unit view. And Ctrl-F11, "run last test," always runs
      the whole file, instead of the last test.
    • David Bogus
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 1, 2006
        > Hey, you're lucky! In Ruby, you can't right-click in the Outline view -- the
        > best you can do is run all the tests, then right-click the one you're
        > working on in Test::Unit view.

        I make a launch config called Run One Test for times when I want to
        keep running just one or two tests. You set the program argument to,
        "--name=test_method_one, test_method_two", in the launch config. This
        makes working on long running test suits more bearable for me.

        DmB

        --
        Dave's Definitions: Morning, is after I've slept for more than four
        hours. Lunch is the second meal of the day no matter the hour of
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 2, 2006
          Steve Bate wrote:
          > Have you seen...
          >
          > http://sourceforge.net/projects/junitrunner/
          >
          > "Eclipse plugin to allow run/debug junit test method using
          > context popup menu. Method to launch is defined by cursor
          > position. If cursor between methods the whole junit class
          > is launched."
          >
          > Is this what you want? If so, if you are using an Eclipse version < 3.2, be
          > sure to use JUnitRunner 1.1.0 instead of the latest version.

          Sounds just like what I described. I'll take a look. Thanks!

          Jeff

          --
          Langr Software Solutions
          http://langrsoft.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 2, 2006
            JUnitRunner version 1.1.2 runs under Eclipse 3.1, and provides a
            keyboard hook (which v1.1.0) does not. Works great.

            Jeff