Re: [XP] OT: ACM vs IEEE

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      I let my IEEE subscription lapse well over a decade
      ago, and my ACM subscription lapse a couple of
      years ago. I'm not sure why I didn't do it sooner.

      At one time I found both of them interesting. My
      tastes changed, and eventually CACM simply seemed
      to be too much "flavor of the month", with issues that
      dealt with what the editors thought were pressing issues
      that I was pretty sure wouldn't matter in another few
      years.

      In retrospect, I consider IEEE at the time I let it
      lapse to have been significantly better than ACM
      at the time I let it lapse. Since I haven't seen it
      in well over a decade, I can't say what I'd consider
      it to be like today, and in any case your mileage will
      definitely vary.

      John Roth