OT: ACM vs IEEE

  • Chris Wheeler
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hi all,

      It's time for me to renew my ACM membership, but I also got an IEEE
      application in my mail. Has anyone subscribed to both, and if so (or if
      you've sub'd to one or the other), would you mind commenting on what you
      like/dislike about the org(s) you belong to? I've been generally happy with
      ACM, and want to see if I am missing anything without IEEE.

      Thanks,

      Chris.

      Chris Wheeler
      www.agilelectric.com
      coach, programmer & practitioner

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
        On Wednesday, February 1, 2006, at 10:26:21 AM, Chris Wheeler wrote:

        > It's time for me to renew my ACM membership, but I also got an IEEE
        > application in my mail. Has anyone subscribed to both, and if so (or if
        > you've sub'd to one or the other), would you mind commenting on what you
        > like/dislike about the org(s) you belong to? I've been generally happy with
        > ACM, and want to see if I am missing anything without IEEE.

        I belong to both. The ACM Sigs have been interesting to me from time
        to time, but right now I'm not subscribing to any. IEEE Software
        magazine is, in my opinion, generally better than Communications of
        the ACM.

        What is your dream? And knowing this, what have you
        done to work towards realizing it today? -- Les Brown