Interesting Report

  • Dave Rooney
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 8:18 AM
      Hello all,

      I was responding to a message in a discussion thread on
      TheServerSide.com about QA testing in agile environments when I stumbled
      across this gem from the US General Accounting Office:

      A More Constructive Test Approach Is Key to Better Weapon System Outcomes
      http://www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?GAO/NSIAD-00-199

      It has little to do specifically with software, and everything to do
      with complex system development. The principles and practices that the
      GAO is advocating are what the agile community have been talking about
      all along.

      BTW, the discussion at TheServerSide is located at:

      http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=38785

      Dave Rooney
      Mayford Technologies
      http://www.mayford.ca
    • Jim Standley
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7 5:54 PM
        Thanks for the link. I'm only on the first page and already found
        something to challenge the folks at work: "Testing is the main
        instrument used to gauge the progress being made when an idea or concept
        is translated into an actual product." They still think it all occurs
        at the end.