Meta Re: New Blog Entries

  • Alex Pukinskis
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
      On 01 29 2006 4:59 PM, "Dave Rooney" <dave.rooney@...> wrote:
      > I'm uncertain if it's just the low-bandwidth of communication using
      > e-mail...

      I'm betting this is the case. I think Paul was just trying to help you
      understand that when you just post a link to a blog entry, your content
      isn't easily digestible to him.

      Because of limited time, and because I subscribe to several Agile mailing
      lists, I tend to skip over these blog link messages. Context-switching to a
      web browser takes too much time for me, so I lose out on that content too.

      I also tend to skip all messages with 100-line duplication of the thread,
      messages with 15 point-by-point replies, and messages where people use their
      initials to indicate the 10 places they're piping in to the discussion. I'm
      sure I miss out on a lot of great content, but it would take too long to
      read these messages.

      Everyone's welcome to post however they like, of course, but some posts are
      more user-friendly than others.

      -Alex
    • Dave Rooney
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 19, 2008
        Hi folks,

        I have a couple of new blog entries up on my site:

        Abandon Hope!
        =============
        In a meeting at a client today, a developer was giving a status
        update. He mentioned that he hoped to have something completed
        by the end of this week.

        He *hoped*.

        http://agileartisan.blogspot.com/2008/02/abandon-hope.html

        Disillusionment
        ===============
        Scott Ambler of IBM was here in Ottawa last week, and I had the
        opportunity to chat with him over dinner before he spoke to the
        Agile Ottawa group. Our conversation triggered a lot of thoughts
        on my part about the state of Agile Software Development, and
        certainly my place in it after over 7 years as a practitioner.

        http://agileartisan.blogspot.com/2008/02/disillusionment.html

        As always, comments are welcome here and on the blog.

        Dave Rooney
        Mayford Technologies
        "Helping you become AGILE... to SURVIVE and THRIVE!"
        http://www.mayford.ca