[extremeprogramming] Re: XP and Rational Unified Process

  • Yining Zhang
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2000
      Hi,

      Personally, I see XP as a cohensive collection of rule of tumbs in developing
      software components, rather than a solid-and-well-formed software-lifecycle
      methodlogy.
      Therefore to me, there is no conflicts between these two, for example, I write a
      test case or build testing routines prior to coding of each of my components,
      and refactor my code from time to time.

      BTW, we are doing EJB/J2EE too, and my boss is interested in utilizing XP and
      RUP, too :)

      Cheers,
      Zhang Yining
      Component Developer, R&D
      Netlife Singapore Pte. Ltd.

      Frederico Sousa Santos <fredsantos@...> on 02/01/2000 03:40:43 AM

      Please respond to extremeprogramming@egroups.com

      To: extremeprogramming@egroups.com

      cc: (bcc: Yining Zhang/Singapore/Netlife)

      Subject: [extremeprogramming] XP and Rational Unified
      Process

      Hi all,

      Does anyone have experience applying XP and Rational Unified Process in
      the same project, namely a e-commerce Java-EJB-Jini-Corba project?
      Any input will be appreciated...

      Fred

      GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
      as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
      Apply NOW!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/967/0/_/263270/_/949347642/

      -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=extremeprogramming&m=1
    • Kent Beck
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2000
        What is missing in making XP a "solid-and-well-formed software-lifecycle
        methodlogy"? I'm genuinely curious, not just being snide.

        Kent