Re: [XP] Starting XP, looking for suggestions.

  • jeffadams78
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 2, 2006
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Amir Kolsky" <kolsky@a...>
      wrote:

      > I might be stating the obvious, or the dubious, but the BEST thing
      you can
      > do to get yourself started in XP is to get yourself a good XP coach
      for at
      > least a few months.
      >
      > Amir Kolsky
      > XP& Software

      Not a bad idea. My suspicion is that it is unlikely the PM will
      approve bringing on a coach. However, you never know until you ask.
      I'll try to remember to bring it up tomorrow.

      Jeff
    • Kent Beck
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 5, 2006
        Jeff,

        One exercise that comes to mind is to have them read through the list of
        primary practices, choose one that reminds them of a time they were really
        satisfied with their work, and apply what they know from those experiences
        to the current environment. If you try this I'd love to hear how it goes
        (that goes for the rest of the list as well).

        Sincerely yours,

        Kent Beck
        Three Rivers Institute