RE: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards

  • Amir Kolsky
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 1, 2006
      Not so dubious... You can sort index cards, you can't sort post-its. Now you
      can. Hence, they are sortable...

      Amir Kolsky
      XP& Software

    • William Wake
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 2, 2006
        On 12/31/05, William Pietri <william@...> wrote:
        > Does anybody know where to buy these? I couldn't find them on
        > officedepot.com, officemax.com, shopping.com, or Froogle.

        I emailed 3M and got this response:

        "Dear Bill,

        Thank you for contacting 3M Company.

        Post-it(R) Products can be found in office supply stores and in the school
        or office supply section of many retail stores. You may also be able to
        order Post-it(R) Products on-line from your favorite office supply web
        site. If a dealer or distributor doesn't stock the product you need
        routinely, you can ask them to special order it. This product is very new
        and you may wish to check Target. Hope this information is helpful.

        Happy New Year!
        Sincerely,
        Liz
        3M Office Supplies Division

        http://www.post-it.com"

        --
        Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com
      • bigalla
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 10, 2006
          --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Amir Kolsky" <kolsky@a...>
          wrote:

          > Not so dubious... You can sort index cards, you can't sort post-its.
          Now you
          > can. Hence, they are sortable...
          >
          > Amir Kolsky
          > XP& Software

          I use the "Super-Sticky" Post-Its for stories, and sort them nearly
          every day, so, of course, they ARE sortable.

          You just can't use the same technique as you would when sorting index
          cards, i.e. stacking them. It works more like those tile puzzles,
          where you have them all laid out in front of you on some backing, and
          you move them only in 2 dimensions, staying on the same plane all the
          other stickies occupy.

          I'll definitely be checking out this new sortable card product.

          AlistairD
        • William Pietri
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 12, 2006
            John Brewer wrote:

            >I just ran accross a new technology that may well revolutioniize the
            >way we do XP:
            >
            >Sortable Post-It Cards
            >
            >http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/products/prod_cards_sort.html
            >
            >Shuffle them around like a card, then stick them to the wall like a post-it.

            For anybody who has touched these, could they send me a 3M product ID
            number or a UPC number? OfficeMax denies all knowledge. And not just
            knowledge about these; they seem to categorically deny the existence of
            knowledge.

            Thanks,

            William
          • William Wake
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 12, 2006
              Lime lined pack of 60 - "Post-it(r) Brand Sortable Cards" - has a
              barcode "21200 47303" for the 2-7/8 x 4-7/8 size (handy size huh? :(
              There's also a notation above the barcode "Cat. 735AL".

              Burgundy Lined pack of 80 - 3-7/8 x 4-7/8 (where do they get these?) -
              barcode "51131 93600" and "Cat. 745BY".

              I got mine last weekend... at OfficeMax. :) Haven't done anything
              with them except verify they can stick to a wall.

              --Bill

              --
              Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com
            • J. B. Rainsberger
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 12, 2006
                William Wake wrote:

                > Lime lined pack of 60 - "Post-it(r) Brand Sortable Cards" - has a
                > barcode "21200 47303" for the 2-7/8 x 4-7/8 size (handy size huh? :(
                > There's also a notation above the barcode "Cat. 735AL".
                >
                > Burgundy Lined pack of 80 - 3-7/8 x 4-7/8 (where do they get these?) -
                > barcode "51131 93600" and "Cat. 745BY".
                >
                > I got mine last weekend... at OfficeMax. :) Haven't done anything
                > with them except verify they can stick to a wall.

                Grr.... I can't find them at staples.ca yet.

                Now what am I going to do with all those 3-by-5 Post-Its?!!
                --
                J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger :: http://www.jbrains.info
                Your guide to software craftsmanship
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
                  William Wake wrote:
                  > Lime lined pack of 60 - "Post-it(r) Brand Sortable Cards" - has a
                  > barcode "21200 47303" for the 2-7/8 x 4-7/8 size (handy size huh? :(
                  > There's also a notation above the barcode "Cat. 735AL".
                  >
                  > Burgundy Lined pack of 80 - 3-7/8 x 4-7/8 (where do they get these?) -
                  > barcode "51131 93600" and "Cat. 745BY".
                  >
                  > I got mine last weekend... at OfficeMax. :) Haven't done anything
                  > with them except verify they can stick to a wall.

                  Ok! The OfficeMax product numbers are 21016348 and 21015722. They are
                  available in-store only, and cannot be purchased via the web or by
                  telephone. Why, I dunno. With those numbers you can call your local
                  store and see if they have any in stock. Good hunting to all!

                  William
                • Bill Rutiser
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 13, 2006
                    I found them at Office Depot. They were shelved with index cards and not
                    with Post-It notes.

                    Bill Rutiser
                    Gaithersburg, MD, US