Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards

Expand Messages
  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    From: John Brewer To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 30, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      From: "John Brewer" <jbrewer.at.jera.com@...>
      To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
      <extremeprogramming.at.yahoogroups.com@...>
      Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 5:40 PM
      Subject: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards


      >I just ran accross a new technology that may well revolutioniize the
      > way we do XP:
      >
      > Sortable Post-It Cards
      >
      > http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/products/prod_cards_sort.html
      >
      > Shuffle them around like a card, then stick them to the wall like a
      > post-it.

      Revolutionize seems to be a bit strong, but they sure
      look handy.

      John Roth

      >
      > --
      > John Brewer
    • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
      ... From: Michael Campbell To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
      • 0 Attachment
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: "Michael Campbell"
        <michael.campbell.at.gmail.com@...>
        To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
        <extremeprogramming.at.yahoogroups.com@...>
        Sent: Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:04 PM
        Subject: Re: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards


        > On 12/31/05, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@...> wrote:
        >> On Saturday, December 31, 2005, at 12:18:21 PM, Michael Campbell wrote:
        >>
        >> > I don't get it; how do you sort them? I don't see what mechanics lay
        >> > behind them...
        >>
        >> They are cards. You can sort them like cards, I imagine.
        >
        > Ah, so there's nothing about them that makes them INHERENTLY sortable,
        > say, over a run 'o the mill 3x5 card. I figured each one was cut a
        > slightly different height or something to make sorting them easier.
        > But then I wondered how that would make sorting them easier.
        >
        > That seems like dubious advertising to me.

        See the writeup at 3M

        http://www.3m.com/us/office/postit/products/prod_cards_sort.html

        They look like they come in a variety of colors. In any case
        I'd be fairly dubious about a "formal" sort by some kind of key.
        Cards are best used in a much more fluid environment.

        John Roth
        >
        >
        > --
        > The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but
        > have only one course of action. -- Frank Herbert
      • Mark Wilden
        From: John Brewer ... Or hassle with scotch-taping index cards to the wall? I d say this was one of the biggest technical breakthroughs in
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
        • 0 Attachment
          From: "John Brewer" <jbrewer@...>
          >
          > Ever try to sort a stack of regular Post-Its?

          Or hassle with scotch-taping index cards to the wall? I'd say this was one
          of the biggest technical breakthroughs in XP history!
        • Dominic Williams
          ... So they are waterproof as well! A planning game at the beach, swimming pool or in a sailing boat! Happy New Year, Dominic Williams
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            John Roth wrote:

            > Cards are best used in a much more fluid environment.

            So they are waterproof as well!

            A planning game at the beach, swimming pool or in a sailing
            boat!

            Happy New Year,

            Dominic Williams
            http://www.dominicwilliams.net

            ----
          • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
            From: William Wake To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              From: "William Wake" <william.wake.at.gmail.com@...>
              To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
              <extremeprogramming.at.yahoogroups.com@...>
              Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 5:31 AM
              Subject: Re: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards


              > On 12/31/05, William Pietri <william@...> wrote:
              >> Does anybody know where to buy these? I couldn't find them on
              >> officedepot.com, officemax.com, shopping.com, or Froogle.

              The local Staples and Office Depot didn't have them either.

              John Roth

              >
              > I emailed 3M and got this response:
              >
              > "Dear Bill,
              >
              > Thank you for contacting 3M Company.
              >
              > Post-it(R) Products can be found in office supply stores and in the school
              > or office supply section of many retail stores. You may also be able to
              > order Post-it(R) Products on-line from your favorite office supply web
              > site. If a dealer or distributor doesn't stock the product you need
              > routinely, you can ask them to special order it. This product is very new
              > and you may wish to check Target. Hope this information is helpful.
              >
              > Happy New Year!
              > Sincerely,
              > Liz
              > 3M Office Supplies Division
              >
              > http://www.post-it.com"
              >
              > --
              > Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com
            • John Brewer
              I got mine at the OfficeMax on Rengstorff in Moutain View. ... -- John Brewer Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 2, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                I got mine at the OfficeMax on Rengstorff in Moutain View.

                On 1/2/06, yahoogroups@... <yahoogroups@...> wrote:
                > From: "William Wake" <william.wake.at.gmail.com@...>
                > To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
                > <extremeprogramming.at.yahoogroups.com@...>
                > Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 5:31 AM
                > Subject: Re: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards
                >
                >
                > > On 12/31/05, William Pietri <william@...> wrote:
                > >> Does anybody know where to buy these? I couldn't find them on
                > >> officedepot.com, officemax.com, shopping.com, or Froogle.
                >
                > The local Staples and Office Depot didn't have them either.
                >
                > John Roth
                >
                > >
                > > I emailed 3M and got this response:
                > >
                > > "Dear Bill,
                > >
                > > Thank you for contacting 3M Company.
                > >
                > > Post-it(R) Products can be found in office supply stores and in the school
                > > or office supply section of many retail stores. You may also be able to
                > > order Post-it(R) Products on-line from your favorite office supply web
                > > site. If a dealer or distributor doesn't stock the product you need
                > > routinely, you can ask them to special order it. This product is very new
                > > and you may wish to check Target. Hope this information is helpful.
                > >
                > > Happy New Year!
                > > Sincerely,
                > > Liz
                > > 3M Office Supplies Division
                > >
                > > http://www.post-it.com"
                > >
                > > --
                > > Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com
                >
                >
                >
                > To Post a message, send it to: extremeprogramming@...
                >
                > To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: extremeprogramming-unsubscribe@...
                >
                > ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >
                >


                --
                John Brewer

                Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html
              • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
                From: J. B. Rainsberger To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 12, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  From: "J. B. Rainsberger"
                  <jbrains.at.rogers.com@...>
                  To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
                  <extremeprogramming.at.yahoogroups.com@...>
                  Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:08 PM
                  Subject: Re: [XP] Sortable Post-It Cards


                  > William Wake wrote:
                  >
                  >> Lime lined pack of 60 - "Post-it(r) Brand Sortable Cards" - has a
                  >> barcode "21200 47303" for the 2-7/8 x 4-7/8 size (handy size huh? :(
                  >> There's also a notation above the barcode "Cat. 735AL".
                  >>
                  >> Burgundy Lined pack of 80 - 3-7/8 x 4-7/8 (where do they get these?) -
                  >> barcode "51131 93600" and "Cat. 745BY".
                  >>
                  >> I got mine last weekend... at OfficeMax. :) Haven't done anything
                  >> with them except verify they can stick to a wall.
                  >
                  > Grr.... I can't find them at staples.ca yet.

                  I found them in a display at OfficeMax. Couldn't find them at
                  either Staples or Office Warehouse. I think they're new and are
                  being test marketed.

                  In fact, the display didn't have 3 x 5 - it only had 4 x 5. Odd
                  size.

                  John Roth

                  > Now what am I going to do with all those 3-by-5 Post-Its?!!
                  > --
                  > J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger :: http://www.jbrains.info
                  > Your guide to software craftsmanship
                  > JUnit Recipes: Practical Methods for Programmer Testing
                  > 2005 Gordon Pask Award for contribution Agile Software Practice
                • Denis Haskin
                  ... Then we d better flood them with some info on this niche market. A few well-placed banner ads (xprogramming.com?) should recoup their R&D costs in a few
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 13, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    yahoogroups@... wrote:

                    >I found them in a display at OfficeMax. Couldn't find them at
                    >either Staples or Office Warehouse. I think they're new and are
                    >being test marketed.
                    >
                    >

                    Then we'd better flood them with some info on this niche market. A few
                    well-placed banner ads (xprogramming.com?) should recoup their R&D costs
                    in a few days... <grin>

                    dwh
                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.