Re[4]: [XP] Interviews [OT?]

  • Doug Swartz
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2005
      Friday, December 02, 2005, 7:34:50 PM, Daryl Richter wrote:

      > On Nov 30, 2005, at 9:45 PM, Doug Swartz wrote:

      >> Wednesday, November 30, 2005, 5:20:22 PM, Daryl Richter wrote:
      >>

      > [snip]

      >>> I recently had an interesting interview process. After spending 8
      >>> hours interviewing and taking programming tests I was informed that I
      >>> had passed those trials and was now invited to participate in 2 more
      >>> complete 9-5 days of interviewing!
      >>
      >>> Fortunately, I was not desperate to find a job and I declined to
      >>> participate in this, um, process. Their loss.
      >>
      >> Wow! That's a lot of commitment. It's a bigger commitment
      >> for the hiring organization than the interviewee, though. I
      >> wonder how well it works for them.
      >>

      > They are a very unique company with an unusual management structure
      > that makes this somewhat understandable, but I would be surprised if
      > many high-quality, currently-employed people would give up 3 whole
      > days to find out. They seem to be doing ok and were all really nice,
      > so let's hope they succeed.

      Now I'm really interested. I visited a pretty unique company
      once with an unusual management structure. Did this company
      happen to be on the east coast of the United States. Did they
      have a software product which seems to be pretty powerful,
      which is in use by some large corporations, but they have
      absolutely no sales staff. Do they have pretty darn cool toys
      in their curvilinear workstations, and giant cutout corporate
      logos of their customers sitting around on the floor?

      Oh well. It doesn't matter. I just wondered if we'd
      accidentally run across the same company in two different
      contexts.

      --

      Doug Swartz
      daswartz@...