RE: [XP] How to prevent scope creep in XP projects? - Missing customer

  • Bryan Nehl
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      > >> Interesting ... it seems odd to blame development for what is so
      > >> clearly the business people's problem. It makes me think
      > that perhaps
      > >> the development team was deciding which stories to do in each
      > >> iteration. Was that the case?
      > > They ended up doing that, yes. No-one else would provide
      > direction as
      > > to what should get done text so the team just chose stuff.

      Courage.

      I've had this discussion with my boss:

      Customer requested X. We've developed it with their input.
      We are waiting on their input. They haven't made time to test it and
      give their input.

      Shelf it, we'll get back to it when they test it.

      Our team status report reflects that this project is pending user review
      and we occasionally re-contact the customer to remind them.

      In the mean time, we have PLENTY of other projects to work on.

      Bryan D Nehl
      Missouri Gaming Commission: IT | Software Development Team Lead
      bryan.nehl@... | 573.526.4090