Re: Gmane Suggestion (was: searching the mailing list)

  • Dennis van der Stelt
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 1, 2005
      Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries <at> XProgramming.com> writes:

      > I don't see how to transfer them /at all/, but maybe I'm missing
      > something. I'd be interested to hear what the other moderators have
      > to say about the idea ...

      As Tim Haughton wrote, using GMail works great.

      When in the morning I boot GMail and 10 messages in 1 thread have arrived, they
      all show up under each other. The ones I've already read, are collapsed so they
      don't clutter the view. Works excellent. You can quickly reply to every single
      message.

      Searching works as fast and as good as Google itself.
      Labels are excellent!
      Starring specific special items so you're sure you can find them fast again.

      The threaded view however of GMane is also really great. Too bad when I post a
      message, my view goes back to the first thread/item again.

      I think I'm going to use GMail for viewing new messages, threaded view for
      larger views on complete threads and for searching older stuff.

      No need to transfer XP messages as it seems. They're already there.

      Wow, Gmail should provide something like this!