[XP] Re: Single assertion per test? Not quite. (vehicle detection)

  • Jeff Grigg
    Message 1 of 106 , Oct 14, 2005
      --- Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@X...> wrote:
      > I was thinking "smart light". We have that story in our
      > list here in Michigan. The green arrow only goes on if
      > there are people wanting to turn. (I don't know how the
      > light knows what people want but I guess it's just
      > really intuitive. ;->)

      It's those inductive loops they put in the rectangular cuts just
      before (and often crossing) the stop lines. I figure they must use
      those to read your mind -- with some kind of magnetic field. ;->

      http://www.stjohns.ca/cityservices/traffic/howsignalswork.jsp

      http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question234.htm

      http://www.tfhrc.gov/pubrds/septoct98/loop.htm
    • Jeff Grigg