Inter-story dependencies - was STP cover story on Agile QA

  • Rick Mugridge
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 12, 2005
      Hi Jeff,

      Great metaphor!

      Your point about neglecting inter-story dependencies is a good one. A
      few of those have slipped through in the FitLibrary storytests/specs. In
      adding a new capability, it takes discipline to review indirect (and
      especially obscure) dependencies that emerge without intent. It's even
      harder when someone else make a change that you're not completely aware
      of, such as in code that you depend on (in my case, Fit code, but also
      in library code).

      We need an oblique strategy for this: Interactions emerge without intent.

      Cheers, Rick