Re: [XP] Behaviour Driven Development

  • Ravi Mohan
    Message 1 of 106 , Oct 3, 2005
      Joe,

      > I'm not Dave, but I believe this is a correct statement: no conclusions
      > of any kind yet. It's just an informal experiment.

      Ok.

      > As far as I know, the tools for BDD haven't been available on a wide
      > scale yet, so it's unlikely that it has had much play in the community.

      Well I guess sthat restricts the subset of possible responders to
      those who advocate a "BDD is better than TDD" position and/or are
      working on the tools.

      > > If you have some personal experience with BDD, I would appreciate it
      > > tremendously if you'd share your thoughts.
      >
      > I expect to hear crickets to this, mostly.
      > --

      Well, in this case silence would say something about how much actual
      use is being made of this idea. And that is good enough for my
      (present) purposes.

      Regards,
      Ravi
    • Jeff Grigg
      Message 106 of 106 , Oct 14, 2005
        --- Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries@X...> wrote:
        > I was thinking "smart light". We have that story in our
        > list here in Michigan. The green arrow only goes on if
        > there are people wanting to turn. (I don't know how the
        > light knows what people want but I guess it's just
        > really intuitive. ;->)

        It's those inductive loops they put in the rectangular cuts just
        before (and often crossing) the stop lines. I figure they must use
        those to read your mind -- with some kind of magnetic field. ;->

        http://www.stjohns.ca/cityservices/traffic/howsignalswork.jsp

        http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question234.htm

        http://www.tfhrc.gov/pubrds/septoct98/loop.htm