Re: [XP] refactoring

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 129 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi Cory,

      > FWIW, I've heard from people before that they have a hard time with the
      > XP list because there is too much theoretical discussion and not enough
      > down-and-dirty.

      I didn't see anybody stopping others from posting "down-and-dirty"
      contributions. Those that want more, only need to make their contributions.

      > > The way I view it is that some Just Want to Get Work Done.

      Again, nobody is stopping anybody else from Getting Work Done. On the other
      hand, I have seen this expression misused frequently enough that a yellow
      light turns on in my mind when I hear it again. Most of the time I hear it,
      the hidden implication is mindless work, where quality is secondary. Yet, I
      don't think we need to agree on everything. The way I see it, the value of
      this forum is more as a venue to exchange ideas, rather than a place where
      we *have to* agree on somebody's point of view.

      I am glad you are airing your thoughts, and as long as things work for you,
      great.

      Victor

      Message 129 of 129 , Mar 6, 2008
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Tim Ottinger <linux_tim@...>
        wrote:

        > "... of Illinois" (at Urbana/Champaign)

        Thanks - I was typing fast and my mind went blank. Alistair