Re: [XP] Accounting for the Value of incomplete work.

    Message 1 of 59 , Sep 30, 2005
      On Friday, September 30, 2005, at 7:48:10 AM, Tony Byrne wrote:

      > Hello Rob,

      > Thanks for your replies on this, I haven't digested it all yet.

      > Thursday, September 29, 2005, 8:55:17 PM, you wrote:

      RP>> Can you / do you have a single customer sign up for each story? Or do the
      RP>> customer_s_ all have to agree on the acceptance for a given story?

      > Each department has a head that speaks for the department. The
      > customers do not meet in committee to decide which stories actually
      > get worked on, nor is there any arbiter. Customers decide which of
      > their own stories they would like us to work on next. We try to fairly
      > apportion the available development time between them all.

      Reminds me of this idea ...
      http://www.xprogramming.com/xpmag/PetitionTheKing.htm

      You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure,
      what you do not understand. --Leonardo da Vinci
    • Kay A. Pentecost
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 8, 2005
        Hi, Ramon, and Everybody,

        I'd like to apologize for being a little defensive and rude in the message
        you responded to.

        It doesn't do any good to be aware of verbal abuse if I'm going to abuse
        people with it. <wry smile>.

        Just for future reference, a "backhanded compliment" is not a compliment,
        but an insult that pretends to be an insult.

        Here's some examples:

        "You did really well on the test, for someone as stupid as you are."
        "That's a really pretty dress. It covers up your figure flaws."
        "Nice programming job. I wish you'd think that clearly more often."

        Kay Pentecost