Re[4]: [XP] Accounting for the Value of incomplete work.

  • Tony Byrne
    Message 1 of 59 , Sep 30, 2005
      Hello Rob,

      Thanks for your replies on this, I haven't digested it all yet.

      RP> Can you / do you have a single customer sign up for each story? Or do the
      RP> customer_s_ all have to agree on the acceptance for a given story?

      Each department has a head that speaks for the department. The
      customers do not meet in committee to decide which stories actually
      get worked on, nor is there any arbiter. Customers decide which of
      their own stories they would like us to work on next. We try to fairly
      apportion the available development time between them all.

      Regards,

      Tony.

      --
      Tony Byrne
    • Kay A. Pentecost
      Message 59 of 59 , Oct 8, 2005
        Hi, Ramon, and Everybody,

        I'd like to apologize for being a little defensive and rude in the message
        you responded to.

        It doesn't do any good to be aware of verbal abuse if I'm going to abuse
        people with it. <wry smile>.

        Just for future reference, a "backhanded compliment" is not a compliment,
        but an insult that pretends to be an insult.

        Here's some examples:

        "You did really well on the test, for someone as stupid as you are."
        "That's a really pretty dress. It covers up your figure flaws."
        "Nice programming job. I wish you'd think that clearly more often."

        Kay Pentecost