RE: [XP] Integration Tokens -- What are People Using?

  • Chris Berry
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
      We use also use a CVS "Integration token". For us this is a just a file
      named IntegrationToken that sits at the top of the CVS tree. This *file* is
      locked/unlocked.
      Note that there is nothing that physically prevents anyone else from working
      on CVS while this file is locked. Its simply a convention. I like this
      system because no one is prevented from doing sane things on CVS while
      someone else is integrating (diff-ing files, grabbing older versions of
      files, etc). For us, integration is relatively time consuming -- rebuilding
      and re-running all of the Tests takes around 25 minutes (assuming there are
      no Conflicts).

      Cheers,
      -- Chris