Presenting XP

  • Southwell Nick-SOUTHWL5
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
      Greetings, this is a request for assistance/guidance/advice.

      I, and a couple of others, have been quietly whispering about XP-ish things
      in the hallways, and it looks like our efforts are beginning to bear fruit.
      I've been invited to do a brown-bag-lunch on XP! This will be a 45 minute
      PowerPoint presentation kind of thing and I really don't want to mess up the
      opportunity (a distinct possibility since I've never actually done XP). I'm
      scheduled to do this in 6 weeks time, so I've got plenty of time to get this
      right.
      Does anyone have such a presentation available on a website somewhere?
      Is anyone interested in making this a collaborative effort?
      Regardless, I'd be happy to donate whatever I come up with to the list
      archives - assuming company policy permits.

      Thanks,
      Nick Southwell
    • William Wake
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
        --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Southwell Nick-SOUTHWL5
        :
        > Does anyone have such a presentation available on a website
        somewhere?

        I have a couple presentations you may find useful:

        Introduction to XP
        http://users.vnet.net/wwake/xp/Intro-XP.ppt

        Refactoring 101
        http://users.vnet.net/wwake/xp/Refactoring.ppt

        Regards,
        Bill Wake William.Wake@...
      • Kent Beck
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
          Spend at least 2/3 of the presentation telling stories about the parts of XP
          you have tried, even if you tried them in isolation. If you haven't tried
          enough parts, you have six weeks.

          Kent