Re: [XP] Jesus Christ, XP Coach

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2005
      Anthony Moralez wrote:

      > > "Grind it till you Find it".
      > >
      > > Actually, I don't know what we call the last one; it means if you have two
      > > blobs of general duplication, you make them look similar before making them
      > > look the same, and merging them.
      >
      > I think "Grind it 'til you find it" is an excellent name for what
      > you've described. I think I'll use that phrase today. The image I see
      > is a metalworker grinding a piece of metal until it matches another or
      > is fit for a purpose. A very different analogy than me at 16 trying to
      > find 2nd gear in my truck :)

      Thank you! It's a parody of "Fake it till you make it".

      The complete topic is ...

      - duplicate on purpose
      - get both branches working
      - refactor to make them parallel
      - merge their commonalities

      (Per the Subject, I don't want to stretch to a Biblical reference.
      Parallel refactoring of Soddom and Gomorrah come to mind, though ;-)

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.greencheese.org/ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!