Re: [XP] Integration Tokens -- What are People Using?

  • cg@cdegroot.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 31, 2000
      John Brewer <jbrewer@...> said:
      >So, what are people using for integration tokens? So far I've heard
      >of someone using a Furby, and someone else using a Pokemon doll.
      >Anyone using anything else?

      In both instances it was me trying to be funny in selecting possible
      candidates - the next one would be a SuperSoaker XP filled with beer.

      Shoot me, but we actually use a global lock in the CVS repository
      (among others, this has to do with the fact that our housing is bad -
      we're split across two floors :-().

      --
      Cees de Groot http://www.cdegroot.com <cg@...>
      GnuPG 1024D/E0989E8B 0016 F679 F38D 5946 4ECD 1986 F303 937F E098 9E8B
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2000
        We use also use a CVS "Integration token". For us this is a just a file
        named IntegrationToken that sits at the top of the CVS tree. This *file* is
        locked/unlocked.
        Note that there is nothing that physically prevents anyone else from working
        on CVS while this file is locked. Its simply a convention. I like this
        system because no one is prevented from doing sane things on CVS while
        someone else is integrating (diff-ing files, grabbing older versions of
        files, etc). For us, integration is relatively time consuming -- rebuilding
        and re-running all of the Tests takes around 25 minutes (assuming there are
        no Conflicts).

        Cheers,
        -- Chris