Re: XP in 40 words

  • John Brewer
    Message 1 of 105 , Sep 1, 2000
      --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, Dave Thomas <Dave@T...> wrote:
      > We had a situation like this in my company back in England. We were
      > working on an international telex switch about 15 years ago (back
      when
      > there were telexes being switched, I guess). We documented all the
      > acceptance tests using a set of troff macros, then wrote a different
      > set of the macros that generated tables for the test engine. The
      > client signed off on the paper tests, when we generated the code and
      > let it rip.
      >
      > Of course we're now both in trouble here.

      I don't see the problem. XP says that you're supposed to have
      acceptance tests, and that they're supposed to be in a format that
      the customer feels comfortable with.

      John Brewer
      Jera Design
    • David H
      Message 105 of 105 , Sep 7, 2006
        Paul wrote:

        > so what's the benefit of DITA versus NDoc?

        There is none. Both do completely different things.
        Have a look at:

        http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/topics/dita/index.jsp

        or

        http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita1/

        To better understand what the intent behind DITA is.
        Basically you are trying to single source _all_ documentation based on a
        topic structure. Thus being able to generate End user documentation and
        Technical documentation, developer documentation and so on, from the
        same source.

        -d