Re: [XP] Pocket Guide to Extreme Programming

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8 5:15 AM
      On Thursday, September 8, 2005, at 2:42:01 AM, Jim Shore wrote:

      > Ward says in his foreward, "You probably chose Extreme Programming based
      > on its reputation. You don't need to be convinced, but you do need to
      > understand."

      > I have to admit, I like that point of view. Perhaps because I don't
      > know how to "sell" XP and wouldn't want to even if I did. (I find I'm
      > very successful when I work with teams that want to do what I teach and
      > less successful when they don't want to do what I teach. Hmm. When I
      > put it like that it seems bloody obvious.)

      Doesn't it just? Often when I talk with teams today, they'll ask me
      "Do we have to do <somePractice/>?" I reply that I don't care, they
      can do what they want. My mission is to tell them what I see
      happening in the world, tell them how things seem to change as
      practices change, give them some help on learning how to do things,
      and encourage them to practice the ones that seem interesting. I
      invite them to choose whether to do somePractice after they know it
      well, rather than before.