RE: [XP] Re: Refactoring Revisited: What is Mercy?

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 5, 2005
      Hi Geoff

      > I do not feel that the term "massive refactor" should ever be used to
      > describe re-archtecting a system.

      "A massive refactoring" is a pet peave of mine. I think it's
      cleaner to only spreak of refactorings as being the steps one uses
      to change a systems structure without changing behavior. I've
      heard people say things like "this architectural refactoring" took
      the team a week. Hopefully, what they mean is that a number of
      large number of refactoring steps were taken during the week, with
      all tests passing quite frequently and the whole leading to the desired
      change.

      Charlie