Re: [XP] Help on Software Metrics in XP and Agile Methods

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2005
      From: "caof2005" <caof2005.at.yahoo.com@...>
      To: "extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com"
      Sent: Monday, September 05, 2005 8:39 AM
      Subject: [XP] Help on Software Metrics in XP and Agile Methods

      > Hi XP Gurus
      >
      > Does any body knows or recommends some typical software metrics that
      > XP or Agile Methods uses in a common fashion ?
      >
      > Overall I'm interested in metrics that can give an idea of:
      > Progress, Deviation ( Cost, Schedule ), Quality and Effort to a high
      > level sponsor.
      >
      > Any help or reference will be very appreciated.

      Progress and Deviation can be handled with a Burndown chart.
      There's a nice set of examples of one quality metric on Dave
      (PragDave) Thomas' site:

      http://blogs.pragprog.com/cgi-bin/pragdave.cgi/Tech/BuildStates.rdoc

      Effort is simply velocity: if your velocity is going down, you're
      spending more time per estimating unit.

      John Roth

      John Roth