Re: When to refactor?

  • jalmeter_99@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 2, 2005
      "J. B. Rainsberger" <jbrains@...> writes:

      > I, too, have written code that, with the benefit of some distance, looks
      > bad. I, too, don't fix it right away; but that's not what I'm talking
      > about in this thread. I mean to talk about code we /believe/ is bad
      > /now/ and bears refactoring. We can see the duplication, the coupling,
      > the future pain.

      If by that you mean code we are working on right now, then I think we
      agree: Simple Code rules the day. Duplication must go.

      > It looks like there are some refactorings we do now because they're
      > general-purpose good, and others we do later because their goodness
      > depends on the next story. I can live with that.

      I currently tend to the militant side of removal of duplication. But
      I try not to stray to far from the vicinity of the current story.

      -Jason

      --
      Jason L. Almeter
      jalmeter underscore 99 yahoo