Re: [XP] Refactor with mercy.

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 49 , Sep 1 8:15 AM
      > Ken Boucher wrote:

      >>And anyone who refactored the city a month ago was clearly wasting their
      >>time.

      Months ago, meteorologists predicted the worst hurricane season in history,
      and everyone knew a direct hit on New Orleans would flood it.

      On the news this week, they replayed documentaries from a few years ago
      showing animations of the levees breaking and the bowl filling up.

      Refactor when you predict trouble, and when the result will be simpler. No
      levees.

      --
      Phlip
      Message 49 of 49 , Sep 14 4:14 PM
        On Wednesday, September 14, 2005, at 5:28:27 PM, Jeff Grigg wrote:

        > I've heard of teams that get into refactoring wars -- first going
        > one way, and then the other. The warring parties need to talk to
        > each other. Maybe they need to agree on something, and establish a
        > coding standard.

        I've heard of this in the urban legend sense. Never seen it really
        happen beyond a cycle or two around the loop. Anyone else?

        No one expects the Spanish Inquisition ...