XP in 40 words

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 105 , Aug 30, 2000
      Yes, this isn't 40 words, it's 95. But it's what I want to stay as the first
      stab.

      "Extreme Programming says that if you put a small number of programmers in a
      room together with the customer, have them program in pairs, write unit tests
      as and even before they write the code, work in nano increments integrating
      code almost hourly, the unit tests running at 100% at all times on the
      integrated base, and deliver running unit- and function-tested code to the
      customer every 2-4 weeks, then you will get better code sooner, be able to
      respond to change requests faster, and be able to reduce the project
      paperwork to nearly nothing."

      Alistair Cockburn
      Humans and Technology

      7691 Dell Rd.
      Salt Lake City, UT 84121
      Work Phone: 801.947.9275
      Fax: 775.416.6457
      http://members.aol.com/acockburn
      write to: arc@...
    • David H
      Message 105 of 105 , Sep 7, 2006
        Paul wrote:

        > so what's the benefit of DITA versus NDoc?

        There is none. Both do completely different things.
        Have a look at:

        http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/topics/dita/index.jsp

        or

        http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita1/

        To better understand what the intent behind DITA is.
        Basically you are trying to single source _all_ documentation based on a
        topic structure. Thus being able to generate End user documentation and
        Technical documentation, developer documentation and so on, from the
        same source.

        -d