RE: [XP] Article on XP pathologies?

  • Ilja Preuss
    Message 1 of 52 , Aug 1, 2005
      Ron asked:

      > Where's that radar chart of Bill Wake's? They could fill that out.

      http://xp123.com/xplor/xp0012b/index.shtml

      Regards, Ilja
    • Edmund Schweppe
      Message 52 of 52 , Aug 5, 2005
        Ron Jeffries wrote:

        > It just seems very odd to me that a team would be going along, not
        > getting good results, and then say "The book is wrong," rather than
        > "We must be doing something wrong."
        > Maybe I'm the only person most of whose problems seem to come from
        > his own mistakes ...

        I rather doubt *that*, if for no other reason than that I Have That
        Pattern myself.

        On the other hand, it's probably *easier* for some teams to blame the
        book, rather than themselves, when confronted with not-good results.
        When confronted with outright failure, it's even easier to lay the blame
        on "the book", especially since books don't tend to talk back and
        challenge hidden assumptions.