RE: [XP] Shifting of the Balance?

  • Kent Beck
    Message 1 of 157 , Aug 1, 2005
      John,

      I don't emphasize the divergence in agile development at Agile Alliance
      events because it doesn't feel safe for me to say, "XP is different"in that
      venue. I noticed that my open space sessions were the only ones that used
      "XP" in the title at the Agile 2005 conference. I think there is substantial
      disagreement between the different styles in values, principles, and
      practices.

      The Agile Alliance was formed to discover, articulate, and communicate the
      common denominators between XP, Scrum, Crystal, FDD, ASD, and DSDM. It
      doesn't surprise me that it hasn't resulted in open conflict. I think it
      will be a sign of maturity of agile development when it is safe to say what
      those differences are and when healthy conflict is seen positively.

      Sincerely yours,

      Kent Beck
      Three Rivers Institute

    • Andrew McDonagh
      Message 157 of 157 , Sep 1, 2005
        yahoogroups@... wrote:

        >From: "Tim Haughton"
        ><timhaughton.at.agitek.co.uk@...>

        Well, August certainly seems to have shifted us back again - 2063 posts
        in the month!

        :-O

        Andrew