XP Explained, 2nd edition

  • Kent Beck
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2005
      All,

      While at Agile 2005 this week I answered several questions of the form, "How
      much is different in the second edition?" For the benefit of all those who
      have this question and haven't asked it, the answer is that the text is a
      complete re-write. The only words I copied and pasted were from the Learning
      to Drive chapter. Everything else was written from scratch from my
      five-years-later perspective. The same technical content is there (towards
      the end we went through the first edition paragraph-by-paragraph and made
      sure all the same concepts were covered), but the tone and perspective are
      more inclusive and inviting.

      To all the people who complimented Cynthia or I on the book, thank you very
      much. I would appreciate it if you would post comments on Amazon. Most of
      the reviews there are from the first edition.

      Take care,

      Kent Beck
      Three Rivers Institute
    • Norman Sasono
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
        Btw, here's a quick summary from William Wake that might be useful:
        http://www.xp123.com/xplor/xp0502/index.shtml

        Best regards,
        Norman