Re: [XP] Developer login ID: SCM & Workstations..

  • Edmund Schweppe
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 28, 2005
      Brad Appleton wrote:

      > where I work, shared logins arent allowed, not even anonymous logins.
      > (so instead of an "admin" user we'd have an admin_sue, admin_john,
      > admin_mike), so none of those would get thru our corporate security
      > standards.

      I wonder; would that company allow some sort of pair-specific user -
      where each member of each potential pair only knew half the password?

      For example, suppose you and I had a "pair login" of "brad_ed". You'd
      know the first n characters of the brad_ed password; I'd know the last m
      characters. Anytime we paired, we'd log into the workstation using the
      brad_ed userid and do our first keyboard-swap halfway through the
      password entry.

      Of course, given that your specific situation is being handled by
      mapping tasks to sandboxes, this might not apply to you. It might be
      useful to Andrew, however ...