Re: [XP] Re: what does "Iteration" mean in xp?

    Message 1 of 51 , Jun 29, 2005
      On Tuesday, June 28, 2005, at 8:06:17 AM, Phlip wrote:

      > Edmund Schweppe wrote:

      >> If a tree fails in a forest, shouldn't the automated Acceptance Tests
      >> detect the failure?

      > Parables aside, if there is no Onsite Customer, it's not XP, hence
      > finishing a release and passing acceptance tests are irrelevant.

      > Victor's iteration definition doesn't link to the Onsite Customer.

      > I get snarly about this because the closest I ever came to doing XP
      > was a big project that didn't have an Onsite Customer. For some
      > strange reason...

      I was thinking that "iteration" was not a term limited to XP, but
      that was in reasonably generic use across the Agile family.

      If you want to garden, you have to bend down and touch the soil.
      Gardening is a practice, not an idea.
      -- Thich Nhat Hanh
    • Steven J. Owens
      Message 51 of 51 , Sep 23, 2005
        Curtis Cooley wrote:
        > >I do not want to see this list turn into the Advanced Servlets list
        > >I'm on. That list gets a message every month or so, but if somebody
        > >dares ask a question that is not 'advanced' you get an endless
        > >diatribe from the members on how the question does not belong on the
        > >list. Pathetic, really.

        Oh yes, advanced-servlets. A funny thing happened to it. Yahoo
        bought out egroups, and in the conversion they lost my admin account.
        Nobody at yahoo ever answered my emails about it. Now all it ever
        gets is spam. Pathetic, really.

        --
        Steven J. Owens
        puff@...