Re: [XP] security in XP

  • William Pietri
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      Curtis Cooley wrote:

      >On 6/1/05, mohannadrawas <mohannadrawas@...> wrote:
      >

      >>I'm preparing a research about security processes at the different IS
      >>development methodologies.
      >>Does XP has any guideline to handle the security side of the
      >>developed systems to become a secure system?
      >>

      >XP is a 'Pull' process which means we only implement what the customer
      >wants implemented. If the customer has requirements dealing with
      >security, then we implement security.

      Well, I think XP does better compared with other methods than that might
      suggest.

      In particular, a number of XP practices contribute to the kind of low
      bug counts and very clear deisgn that are an important part of a secure
      system. In other words, I think that although XP doesn't have much to
      say about intentional security, it does have a lot to prevent accidental
      insecurity.

      William