Re: [XP] security in XP

  • Curtis Cooley
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      On 6/1/05, mohannadrawas <mohannadrawas@...> wrote:
      > I'm preparing a research about security processes at the different IS
      > development methodologies.
      > Does XP has any guideline to handle the security side of the
      > developed
      > systems to become a secure system?

      XP is a 'Pull' process which means we only implement what the customer
      wants implemented. If the customer has requirements dealing with
      security, then we implement security.
      --
      Curtis Cooley
      curtis.cooley@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        Curtis Cooley wrote:

        >On 6/1/05, mohannadrawas <mohannadrawas@...> wrote:
        >

        >>I'm preparing a research about security processes at the different IS
        >>development methodologies.
        >>Does XP has any guideline to handle the security side of the
        >>developed systems to become a secure system?
        >>

        >XP is a 'Pull' process which means we only implement what the customer
        >wants implemented. If the customer has requirements dealing with
        >security, then we implement security.

        Well, I think XP does better compared with other methods than that might
        suggest.

        In particular, a number of XP practices contribute to the kind of low
        bug counts and very clear deisgn that are an important part of a secure
        system. In other words, I think that although XP doesn't have much to
        say about intentional security, it does have a lot to prevent accidental
        insecurity.

        William