security in XP

  • mohannadrawas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      I'm preparing a research about security processes at the different IS
      development methodologies.
      Does XP has any guideline to handle the security side of the
      developed
      systems to become a secure system?
    • Curtis Cooley
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
        On 6/1/05, mohannadrawas <mohannadrawas@...> wrote:
        > I'm preparing a research about security processes at the different IS
        > development methodologies.
        > Does XP has any guideline to handle the security side of the
        > developed
        > systems to become a secure system?

        XP is a 'Pull' process which means we only implement what the customer
        wants implemented. If the customer has requirements dealing with
        security, then we implement security.
        --
        Curtis Cooley
        curtis.cooley@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
          Curtis Cooley wrote:

          >On 6/1/05, mohannadrawas <mohannadrawas@...> wrote:
          >

          >>I'm preparing a research about security processes at the different IS
          >>development methodologies.
          >>Does XP has any guideline to handle the security side of the
          >>developed systems to become a secure system?
          >>

          >XP is a 'Pull' process which means we only implement what the customer
          >wants implemented. If the customer has requirements dealing with
          >security, then we implement security.

          Well, I think XP does better compared with other methods than that might
          suggest.

          In particular, a number of XP practices contribute to the kind of low
          bug counts and very clear deisgn that are an important part of a secure
          system. In other words, I think that although XP doesn't have much to
          say about intentional security, it does have a lot to prevent accidental
          insecurity.

          William