Re: [XP] Favourite Smells

  • Tony Byrne
    Message 1 of 5 , May 28, 2005
      Hello Chris,

      Friday, May 27, 2005, 4:17:59 AM, you wrote:

      CW> So, anyone else care to step up and take a turn? Are there any smells that
      CW> you can't seem to shake? Any that keep coming back, no matter how hard you
      CW> try?

      For me that smell is 'Dead Code'. It happens when TDD'ing a solution
      solo and instead of writing a test for the code I'm about to right I
      just go ahead based on speculation. It always amazes how easy it is to
      forget a TDD cycle so simple that should be burned into my mind by
      now. The solution, I think, is pairing. A pair who doesn't fall foul
      of the same tendencies will be able to spot the signs and call a halt.

      Regards,

      Tony.

      --
      Tony Byrne