RE: [XP] Open to XP....How to get started???

  • Kent Beck
    Message 1 of 7 , May 7 5:15 PM
      Gregory,

      Your situation sounds like an excellent opportunity to try accountability.
      Under the cloud of impossible deadlines, I have seen people go the opposite
      direction, hiding what they are doing and spending time and energy avoiding
      blame. I encourage you to be as open and visible as you can. Find out from
      the managers what results (and corresponding metrics) they care about.
      Commit to concrete goals. Measure your project visibly and frequently on
      delivering. I also encourage you to share your story with this list as it
      unfolds. People here have experience and ideas for helping you achieve the
      results you have committed to.

      Kent Beck
      Three Rivers Institute