[extremeprogramming] Re: Novice Pairing [Was: To all the lurkers! ]

  • Robert C. Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2000

      You *are* being slowed down. But she is being sped up. The net result
      will be negative for a very short time (given that she is reasonably
      talented).

      > > but I expect that to change in time. She definitely goes
      > faster when
      > > pairing, and I can keep her from going off the rails.
      >
      > To randy: Who's driving?
      >
      > To the (other) gurus: Who should?

      Both. Driving does not make you more involved. However, while driving
      the experienced partner should be senstitive to the mental state of the
      novice. If the novice is losing focus, let her drive.

      Robert C. Martin | OO Mentoring | Training Courses:
      Object Mentor Inc. | rmartin@... | OOD, Patterns, C++,
      Java,
      PO Box 85 | Tel: (800) 338-6716 | Extreme Programming.
      Grayslake IL 60030 | Fax: (847) 548-6853 |
      http://www.objectmentor.com