Re: XP weaknesses -> contradiction not found

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      Thanks for the correction.
      Alistair

      In a message dated 5/3/2005 9:36:52 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
      extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com writes:

      Subject: Re: Re: XP weaknesses

      On Tuesday, May 3, 2005, at 10:08:51 PM, aacockburn wrote:

      > in A, "On the first day, the customer has to show up with stories,
      > because the process starts with a planning meeting. "

      > in B, "I've helped lots of teams plan a year's worth of effort with
      > nothing but cards and a knowledgeable collection of customer types"

      > The people in B did not "show up" with the stories. You elicited the
      > stories from them during the session. But in A you said they had to
      > show up with stories.

      Um, no, actually, the people DID show up with stories. I've also
      done story elicitation, but only very rarely. Most of the teams I
      encounter, the customer knows what they want well enough.

      > (side note:
      > In A, you are using "story cards as planning method"
      > In B, that elicitation is the 'requirements gathering' technique in
      > action, it is the "story cards as requirements gathering method"
      > )

      I'm not, actually. I think you're reading between the lines and
      finding words that aren't there. I, of course, never do that. :)