Extreme Programming Refactored book (Danger of XP in fact)

  • Michael Dubakov
    Message 1 of 264 , Apr 30, 2005
      What do you think about this book?

      Extreme Programming Refactored
      http://www.softwarereality.com/ExtremeProgrammingRefactored.jsp

      - Michael
      Agile Blog
      http://www.targetprocess.com/blog
    • David Roberts
      Message 264 of 264 , Jun 16, 2005
        Ken,

        So these audience members may not be customers but they give you
        requirements.

        At my work we have this issue. We call a small group of people who do
        research, travel, market and try to get at real customers, "Proxy
        Customers". They write the use cases you we're asking about.

        Not all movies are based on books (well known requirements); some are
        based partially on invention and were developed with "story boards". As
        Shane mentioned, "The Incredibles", which I think is a great example of
        new product development with heavy invention and a lot of scenario
        writing. Obviously we would prefer not inventing if we can.

        If you think movies aren't software (or at least a relatable metaphor),
        what about video games, DVD, multimedia, etc...?

        " but in product
        development, which movie making kind of is "

        Believe me, it is.

        David Roberts
        InnovaSystems Intl
        (619) 955-5864