RE: [XP] Motivation to Complete Stories

  • Ilja Preuss
    Message 1 of 161 , Apr 1 4:47 AM
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > It's a little mechanistic for my current
      > taste, because I try hard to think about the human aspects of
      > things, but it's still a nice example that I think will help some
      > folks.

      Thanks. I actually share the feeling about it being mechanistic, but with
      the current state of the discussion, I felt that "switching to a different
      encoding" might be worth a try... ;)

      > I hope it's clear to all that I don't want to compromise
      > honesty.

      It's clear to me. From the current discussion, I'm not sure wether it's
      clear to all.

      Or perhaps Kent thinks that you do compromise it unintentionally. If so, I'd
      love to hear more about it. Kent?

      > Thanks again for working toward understanding and agreement,
      > and for offering a model that will probably help some folks get what
      > we're talking about.

      You're very welcome. Let's see what happens next...

      Regards, Ilja
    • Ilja Preuss
      Message 161 of 161 , Apr 22 3:33 AM
        extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com wrote:
        > Ilja,
        >
        > Sometimes it feels nice being around people who know my
        > quirks and are willing to cut me slack around them. But, I
        > learn more and grow around people who expect me to manage
        > myself and my reactions.

        Good point, thanks!

        I suspect that, again, this isn't black or white, but that there is a
        balance somewhere. Need to muse about it...

        Regards, Ilja