Re: [XP] All Your Eyes Are Belong To Us

  • Erik Meade
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 9, 2005
      Larry Brunelle <brunelle@...> wrote:

      > I guess I have a hard time understanding how someone
      > could think a guy/gal is smart enough to write his
      > code and not smart enough to distinguish between
      > looking at open source and including it.
      >
      > (Maybe they're not supposed to look at their emacs
      > dot-ee-el files either.)
      >

      > For an example of what employers THINK they can
      > control, Google "Evan Brown".

      I had an employeer that tried to do this as well, part
      of the employement agreement was that ALL code I wrote
      while employeed, belonged to them. I crossed that
      section out, my homework belongs to me. No fears, this
      was before I got involved with JUnit. And they have
      since been sold off to another company that has gone
      out of business.

      Erik Meade