Procedural and Declarative Tests; Refactoring and tests; review

  • Bill Wake
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2005
      [crossposted from XPlorations]

      Procedural and Declarative Tests
      <http://xp123.com/xplor/xp0503/index.shtml>
      Procedural tests tell you what to do, step by step. Declarative
      tests tell how state and input become new state and output. It's
      easy to over-use procedural tests.

      The Impact of Refactoring on Tests
      <http://xp123.com/xplor/xp0503b/index.shtml>
      Refactoring forces change in some tests; other times we have to make
      a conscious effort to improve our tests after a refactoring.

      Quick Review
      <http://xp123.com/books/>
      Fearless Change, by Mary Lynn Manns and Linda Rising.

      --
      Bill Wake William.Wake@... www.xp123.com