Re: [XP] The percent of people who just don't get it.

  • Brad Appleton
    Message 1 of 152 , Mar 5, 2005
      yahoogroups@... wrote:
      > Putting deliberate errors in is a statement of a belief that you
      > can do perfect work, and is just as limiting a belief. There is
      > always room for improvement.

      Hmmn, there is a commonly recurring practice known as "Defect Seeding"
      that seems an altogether different sort of beast. It's used partly to
      compare the percentage of known defects that were/werent found and use
      that as a probabilistic indicator of the percentage of unknown defects
      that werent found. Some also suggest that people look even harder for
      the defects when they KNOW they are there (makes it sort like a
      treasure/scavenger hunt contest I guess).

      Some report great success with this. Others think its a bit
      arrogant/condescending, and have fears that the intentionally inserted
      bugs might somehow make their way into a release.

      For one set of perspectives, see http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DefectSeeding
      "And miles to go before I sleep" --Robert Frost
    • Brad Appleton
      Message 152 of 152 , Mar 5, 2005