Invitation to Agile Open 2005

  • Marc Evers
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005

      We wish to invite you to the Agile Open 2005 conference - http://www.agileopen.net
      (we apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message)

      Movements really rise or fall on the strength of on-going social occasions -
      XP user group meetings, XP Days, Agile Seminars, XP and Agile conferences,
      and the Agile Open Conference are the epicenters of the agile movement.

      The Agile Open conference is an international Open Space conference intended
      for software development and business people from all walks of life, taking
      place on 29 and 30 April 2005, in Mechelen, Belgium ... we invite you to an
      amazingly open, warm and lively community space where people spark new
      insights in and relationships for collaborative (software) development and
      doing business together.

      Agile Open is for participants, by participants: we determine the actual
      program together at the start of the conference. We do not expect people to
      invent all the sessions on the spot, so we encourage you to put ideas for
      sessions on the conference wiki. Any ideas for sessions you would like to
      experience, or hear and see happen, as well as ideas for sessions you would
      like to organize and facilitate are welcome. Equally, this page gives an
      impression of the variety of sessions you can expect at the conference:

      The conference will take place at Elewijt Center, in Mechelen (Belgium):
      The center is near an international airport and train station
      (Brussels). The Elewijt offers a limited number of rooms. We offer our
      help in making reservations and encourage hotel room sharing.

      Fees and Registration

      We have limited the number of participants to 60, on a first paid, first
      served basis. Until April 8th, the conference fee is € 180 (exclusive of 21%
      VAT); from April 9th, the fee is € 230 (excl. VAT). The fee includes
      conference access, lunches, drinks, one dinner, and closing reception.

      Registration is possible through http://www.agileopen.net/Conference/Registration.html
      On-site registration is not possible.

      Agile Open is organized on a non-profit basis by Agile Systems vzw
      (http://www.agilesystems.org), a non-profit organisation with purpose of
      collecting and disseminating knowledge and experience about agile software
      development and systems thinking. The conference organizers are:

      * Marc Evers (NIWI-KNAW)
      * Willem van den Ende (Living Software)
      * Nynke Fokma (Moebius)
      * Pascal Van Cauwenberghe (Nayima)
      * Vera Peeters (Tryx)
      * Marko van der Puil (Brains4All)

      We can be contacted at: AOinfo@...

      Kind regards,

      Marc Evers
      Agile Systems VZW - http://www.agilesystems.org
      Agile Open 2005 - http://www.agileopen.net

      "The source of life which you create lies in the power of the language
      which you have." -- Christopher Alexander, The Timeless Way of