RE: [XP] Extreme Database Design

  • matt.snyder@morelandpartners.net
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 2, 2005
      It looks to me as though the team think that they can't refactor a database
      design. Does the team perceive itself as "doing XP" (or at least a bit
      agile)?

      -- The say they believe in XP/Agile methods, I've yet to see them practice any of it.

      - If so, then you might want to introduce them to the material:
      http://www.agiledata.org/
      http://www.agiledata.org/essays/databaseRefactoring.html

      -- I will.

      And to the group:

      (I'm not advocating the material; just pointing out that it exists.)

      - If not, then you've got a different mountain to climb...
      Do they have the same attitude to non-db design?

      -- Fortunately they don't touch any code ;)

      (Sorry for the poor formatting, using web access to email in order to bypass firewall)
      Matt
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 8, 2005
        On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at 3:16:05 PM, Kent Beck wrote:

        > It's feedback.

        Certainly. Everything is. Sometimes feedback is a puzzlement,
        because somehow people think I'm fighting them when I think I'm
        wrestling with a subject. It happens sometimes in the most
        surprising circumstances. Surprising to me, that is.

        Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. -- Niels Bohr