RE: [XP] Extreme Database Design

  • matt.snyder@morelandpartners.net
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hi Steve,
      It's not marketing related at all. By "professional" they meant the design would be "Amature" w/o it. The customer currently has a way to do Qty Price Breaks(the feature in question), but it's been deemed not part of the pilot. Part of the teams task here is to revise how it works so that the feature requires must less maintaining (move it to category and UOM based instead of SKU based). Problem is the UOM data is dirty so it can't be used without cleanup and there isn't enough time between now and the pilot to do the cleanup. In addition, it's uncertain how the qty break will exactly work without having too many exceptions to the rule. I hope that helps clarify things.

      Thanks for the thoughts Steve,

      Matt
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 8, 2005
        On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at 3:16:05 PM, Kent Beck wrote:

        > It's feedback.

        Certainly. Everything is. Sometimes feedback is a puzzlement,
        because somehow people think I'm fighting them when I think I'm
        wrestling with a subject. It happens sometimes in the most
        surprising circumstances. Surprising to me, that is.

        Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future. -- Niels Bohr