Gump

  • Charles R Martin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2005
      Has anyone ever tried using maven and gump for a continuous-integration
      project framework? How was the experience?
    • Michael Dubakov
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2005
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Charles R Martin
        <crmartin@p...> wrote:
        > Has anyone ever tried using maven and gump for a continuous-integration
        > project framework? How was the experience?

        Maven is powerful, but we spent pretty much time to create build that
        fulfills our needs.

        Michael Dubakov
        http://www.targetprocess.com
        XP Planning and Bug Tracking Tool
      • Martin van den Bemt
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 25, 2005
          We (that is gump) are currently making gump directly work together with
          maven (instead of generating a build.xml, which gump can use). Looking
          at the discussions going on, we are almost there.
          Depending on your needs, gump may not be the best choice, since it's
          main focus is building (almost) everything against the latest (and
          hopfully greatest) cvs code, so we can spot API problems in time.

          Another option for mavenized projects and continuous integration is
          using cruisecontrol, for which a plugin is part of your maven
          distribution (it generates the config afaik).

          Mvgr,
          martin